Tuesday, April 19, 2011

THE ELIZABETH TAYLOR EFFECT, PEACOCK CHAIR PHENOMENA

Liz Taylor on her fan back/Peacock chair. 
Elizabeth Taylor had made a huge impression for the whole world. Her movies, her love life, her life and her concerns has filled half of 20th century. When I saw this pictures on the day she's gone, I noticed that the Peacock chair or also known as fan back chair she used to sit in the picture is so influential. I remember my grandma had one of a kind in her home, back in Surabaya years ago. I think i saw that chair too in some old movies, too bad I can't remember the title. The high and wide back make you look like sitting on a sort of throne. The Peacock chair's grande presence featured Liz Taylor has inspired people to take the same style pictures in their own styles, from the classic Zsa Zsa Gabor to modern Sienna Miller and contemporary Elly Jackson of La Roux. The chair is not only featured in movies, fashion spread, it also featured in real world of a well known fashion designer or blogger.  

Zsa Zsa Gabor on her throne. 

It's not me! 
It's not my mother or my grandma either! 


Kristen Davis on her throne

  1. Natasha Poly shot by Patrick Demarchelier
Sienna Miller for GQ fashion spread 
Sienna Miller for GQ fashion spread
Sienna Miller in GQ cover.

Elly Jackson of La Roux cover of single I'm Not Your Toy
Colorful Peacock chair in fashion designer Matthew Williamson's apartment
featured in Domino magz, Sept. 2008

Colorful Peacock chair in fashion designer Matthew Williamson's apartment
featured in cover of ELLE Decoration Indonesia first edition in 2010.



The right one is a 1960s Spun Aluminium Fan Shaped Chair USA


B&B Italia version of modern fan back chair made of crinoline with contemporary Asian touch. 
The new interpretation of  fan back / Peacock chair. 

Betsy Cruikshank office decorated with white painted Peacock chair.


courtesy of:

No comments:

Post a Comment